What is ‘Pupil Premium’?
Pupil Premium is additional funding provided by the Government for students who fit into any of the following categories:
- students who are looked after (this now includes those previously adopted)
- students entitled to free school meals
- children of armed forces personnel
Each year The Suthers School will be allocated a set amount of pupil premium funding based on the numbers of students who fit into the above categories. This is not part of the general budget and we are directed to use this funding on resources/activities which raise the achievement of the identified students.
24% of our first cohort are Pupil Premium students.
How are schools funded?
In the 2017-18 financial year, schools will receive the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years:
- £1,320 for primary-aged pupils
- £935 for secondary-aged pupils
Schools will continue to receive £1,900 for any child who:
- has been looked after for 1 day or more
- has been adopted from care
- has left care under:
- a special guardianship order
- a residence order
- a child arrangement order
Schools will also recieve £300 for any child who:
- is either Ever 6 service child FTE or in receipt of pensions under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) and the War Pensions Scheme (WPS)
Funding is allocated for a financial year rather than a school year. Our funding is £12,151
Please refer to our Pupil Premium Spending Strategy 2018-19 link for detail of how we plan to use Pupil Premium funding this academic year.
- Word of the week
Wotw (Whole School - 07/10/2019)
- Bulletin 75
Bulletin 75 now available (Whole School - 07/10/2019)
- Macmillan Coffee Morning
Saturday 12th October, 10:00 - 11:30am (Whole School - 27/09/2019)
- Celebration Edition
Celebration Edition (Whole School - 08/06/2018)
- Sport Relief 2018
Sport Relief Award (Whole School - 26/03/2018)